So my official due date is Wednesday! David and I have a white board in our living room with a list of all the things we’d like to accomplish before our smallest member of the family makes her appearance. Of the things we have done this past week . . .
- take down Christmas tree and put away ornaments/lights
- SMOG the cars, clean inside and out
- put carseat base in the car
- vacuum the house
- finish thank you notes
- prepare housing allowance paperwork for taxes
- use completion coupons to buy anything that we still needed from the baby stores (thank God for gift cards!)
- pack hospital bags
- finalize birth plan
So we’re making progress . . . Here are the things we still need to do:
- clean bathrooms
- make extra key to give to the neighbors (in case we need to send someone to pick up something we forgot to bring to the hospital)
- make playlist and picture album for labor (I’m making a picture album so I can use it to dissociate from myself to cope with contractions if needed!)
- finish contacting our support team to talk about 2012 at South Bay
Last night we purged a ton of things from the back room. That room for 2 years has served as office/guest room/storage room and now it is a nursery! We went through the entire closet and reorganized everything! Now we have space to store diapers and blankets and other baby things that have just been sitting out on the floor, the bed, or in the crib. That feels good!
David has been wonderful! He has helped me do so much that I just can’t do right now like vacuuming and moving boxes, helping me throw out a bunch of junk. Here is a picture of the mass of trash we threw out last night:
More important than all of this has been the process of preparing emotionally, spiritually, and practically to not only do labor and birth but to be parents! Here are some of the things we’ve done/are doing for that:
- Child Birth Prep course with Heather Ward
- Carseat/Home safety class
- Infant/Child CPR class
- Bradley book (Husband Coached Child Birth) Love it!
- Hired a doula (Love her too, she is a Christian and is very experienced!)
- Preparing for Parenthood books and DVDs
We are ecstatic to meet our baby! What a ride this has been so far, and its only the beginning!